We’re looking for a store manager! Job information below, if you think you fit the requirements send us a copy of your resume!
The Store Manager contributes to success in the store by providing a consistent retail floor presence and direct support to the Department Managers. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the retail floor consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience and retail execution. This role involves a close working relationship with the Dealer, General Manager and Department Managers.
Store Manager Job Description:
• Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
• Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
• Provides a strong floor presence and interfaces regularly with customers to assess customer experience.
• Leads by example by consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
• Responds to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
• Maintains community relations in order to build and enhance the image of Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre.
• Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
• Implements and follows store policies and procedures that deliver a high quality customer experience.
• Along with the General Manager, recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
• Monitors and improves the productivity of the Management Team through strong communication, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
• Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects on the retail floor in order to achieve and measure team goals.
• Holds the Department Managers accountable for the training and development of all staff.
• Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer experience targets set by the General Manager.
• Constantly reviews processes and procedures to ensure excellent retail execution, customer experience, sales and profitability.
• Coaches and encourages Department Managers on learning new management and leadership skills. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
• Helps develop and implements all store policies and procedures and spends sufficient time with Department Managers to keep them current on new store policies and procedures.
• Ensures there is a training structure and that professional development strategies are implemented within the store.
• Participates in training and ensures team members training is completed on time, as required.
• Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
• Maintains and promotes safety and security procedures and ensures team member compliance.
• Maintains the utmost in professional appearance, communications and standards.
• Organizes and conducts regular Management and team meetings.
• Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors as required.
• Performs other duties, as required.
Requirements To Apply:
• Leadership and senior managerial experience at a Home Hardware building Centre/Home Building Centre, other lumber and building material store or large retail store.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
• Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and contractor sales industry.
• Proven track record in retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
• Good working knowledge of each department’s products and functions.
• Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems is considered an asset.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
• Strong belief in the Home Hardware Mission of value, service and dependability.
• Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, with customers, colleagues and the team in order to inspire their confidence and trust.
• Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong team-oriented approach.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
• Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team’s activities and projects.
• Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make informed decisions.
• Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Physical Working Requirements & Conditions
• In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
• Standing/walking for 8+ hours.
• Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
• Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
• Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
• Walking and carrying at the same time & pushing/pulling as required.
• Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.